2011年9月22日星期四

Big Beauty Tasks

Mask Task

The powers of the deep blue sea: For millennia, oceans have been a source of therapeutic benefit for those that indulge them. Now, Shu Uemura brings the ocean to your beauty cabinet.
The Japanese beauty and skincare pioneers have created an Intense Moisture Filling Mask as a part of their Depsea Hydrability range.
Formulated with three seaweed extracts rich in proteins, lipids and minerals, along with the nutrient-rich Carrageenan algae extract, the mask instantly moisturises dehydrated skin. Using innovate technology, Shu Uemura formulated microspheres of hyaluronic acid that penetrates layers of the skin for maximum hydration.
Perfect pre-party, or as a skin pick-me-up, this refreshing mask leaves tired skin smooth and plump.



Mink Eyelashes

Road test: Stars like Jennifer Lopez, Heidi Klum and Madonna reportedly swear by their mink eyelash extensions (softer and more natural-looking than acrylic or silk), so when a Love Those Lashes salon offered me my very own set to trial, who was I to refuse?
After removing my mascara, lash artist Jinny carefully stuck my lower lashes down with surgical tape to create a platform and, as I relaxed over the next hour into near-sleep, her tiny fingers moved like butterflies across my lids, sticking over 100 tiny “cruelty-free hairs” (gently shaved from the dear little mink’s tail) halfway down each of my natural lashes with medical-grade adhesive. The results were stunning, natural-looking and sunglasses-scraping. I was told to avoid mascara and oily make-up removers, which (oh joy!) shaved 20 minutes off my daily beauty routine.
It was all deliciously low-maintenance and for holidays it was a miracle: I could swim and emerge Ursula Andress-like from the water. I did, however, notice my lashes falling out more regularly and suspect that a continued lash addiction (infills are needed around every three weeks) may weaken natural lashes.

没有评论:

发表评论